Prof. Faisal M H
Consultant Surgical Oncologist
Department of Surgery
College of Medicine
King Abdulaziz University
Prof. Al-Mashat is a consultant surgical oncologist at the College of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (KAS). He obtained his undergraduate degree from KAU and hid medical qualifications from UK. Prof. Almashat has been actively involved in a number of research projects in collaboration with CEGMR at KAU concentrating mainly on soft tissue tumours research aiming to identify novel therapeutic strategies and to unravel the key molecular events involved in the soft tissue sarcomas using advanced molecular approaches including NGS and Microarray. Out of his research, Prof. Al-Mashat published a considerable number of pee-reviewed articles in respectable high impact international journals. Due to his expertise in the field, Prof. AlMashat is a member in a considerable number of Tumour Societies and boards either in KSA or internationally.
- Al-Mashat F, Sibiany A, Shams F, Alfi A. Where is the fourth parathyroid gland? It
is Intrathyroidal: Case report and review. Saudi Journal of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology
Head and Neck Surgery 2011 1 Jan; Vol 13 (1): 55- 61.
- Al-Mashat F, Al-Muhayawi S. Management of parotid tumours: a 17-year
experience at tertiary institutions. Saudi Journal of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Head and
Neck Surgery 2010 July; Vol 12 (2): 41-48..
- Al-Mashat F, Sibiany AM. Sister Mary Joseph's Nodule of the umbilicus: Is it
always of gastric origin? A review of eight cases at different sites of origin. Indian
journal of cancer 2009 January – March; Vol 47 (1): 65-69.
- Al-Mashat F. Is Laparoscopic Appendectomy a safe procedure? A single surgeon
experience at a university hospital. JKAU: Med Sci 2009; Vol 16 (1):
- Al-Mashat F. A. Sibiany, D. Faleh, k. Kary, A. Alfy, M Lekany. Mediastinal
Parathyroid Adenoma. Saudi J Kidney Dis and Transpl 2009; 20(5): 826-830..
- Al-Mashat F. Krukenberg tumour of the ovaries: A dilemma to surgical oncologist,
gynaecologist and pathologist: a report of fifteen cases and review of literature.
Saudi Journal of Obstetric and Gynaecology. 2009;Vol 11(2): 71-80.
- Bakhsh TM, Sibiany AM, Al-Mashat FM, Meccawi AA, Althubaity FK. Comparison
of students performance in the traditional oral clinical examination and the objective
structured clinical examination. SMJ 2009;Vol 30(4): 197-181.
- Al-Mashat F. Sympathetic chain Schwannoma. Saudi Medical Journal 2009 Jan;
- El-Naggar MM, Al-Mashat FMH, Elayat AA, Sibiany AM, Ardawi MSM, Badawood
MH. Effect of thawing rate and post-thaw culture on the cryopreserved fetal rat
islets: Functional and morphological correlation. Life Science 2006; 78(17): 1925-
- Shahreyar M, Alfi A, Vagif I, Al-Mashat F. Polycystic horseshoe kidney. Indian
Journal of Nephrology 2005; Vol 15(4): 250-251.
- Al-Mashat F, Carotid body Paraganglioma. Med J Cairo Univ 2006; Vol 74(1): 57-
- Bakhsh TM, Al Kashgari R, Sibiany AM, Al-Mashat FM, Meccawi AA, Al Thubaity
FK, Johary AA. Running OSCE for a large group of students: Experience of the
surgical department, King Abdulaziz University, Faculty of Medicine. JKAU: Med Sci
2005; Vol 12: 43-52.
- Al-Mashat F, Sibiany A, Diraz A. Delayed oesophageal fistula following anterior
cervical spine fusion. Pan Arab Journal of Neurosurgery 2005 October; Vol 9(2): 76-
- Al-Mashat F. Phyllodes tumours. Qatar Medical Journal 2005 June; Vol 14(1): 34-
- Al-Mashat F, Sibiany A, El-Naggar M, Badawood M, Alayat A, Ardawi M. Structural
study on cultured isolated fetal rat pancreatic islets. Saudi Medical Journal 2004; Vol
- Al-Mashat F. Simultaneous medullary papillary thyroid carcinoma. Annals of Saudi
Medicine 2004; Vol 24(3): 213-215.
- Al-Mashat FM. Hepatocellular carcinoma with cutaneous metastasis. Saudi Medical
Journal 2004, Vol 25(3): 370-372.
- Al-Mashat F, Sibiany AM, Maimani AA, Alem FK. Wandering spleen. Saudi Medical
Journal 2004; Vol 25(1): 91-94.
- Sibiany A, Al-Mashat F, Kensarah A, Meccawi A, Awan B, AL-Ghamdi N, Sharwami
N, Elahi FF, Barlas S. Abdominal tuberculosis: Review of 78 cases. The Egyptian
Journal of Surgery 2004; Vol 23(1): 62-66.
- Al-Mashat F, Sibiany AM, Al Amri AM. Spontaneous splenic rupture in infectious
mononucleosis. The Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology 2003; Vol 9(2): 84-86.