Consultant of Diagnostic & Genomic Medicine Unit (DGMU)
Cancer Genomics, Genomic Screening, Pharmacogenomics, Biorepositories and Biospecimen Research Groups
Professor Adel Abu Zenadah is currently the Dean of the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences before which he was the Vice President of King Fahd Medical Research Centre (KFMRC) and he is one of the founders of the Centre of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research (CEGMR) in which he is the Deputy Director of the Administrative Affairs. Dr Abu Zenadah was graduated from king Abdulaziz University in the Medical Technology Sciences in 1991 then he travelled to get his M.Sc. in Pathological Sciences from Sheffield Hallam University, UK in 1994.
In 1998, Prof. Abu Zenadah was awarded his PhD in Molecular and Genetic Medicine field from the Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Dr Abu Zenadah in his PhD study was able to characterize the molecular basis of von Willebrand's disease. Dr Abu Zenadah is a very active and valuable staff member who published at least fifty peer-reviewed international publications in addition to presenting a significant number of posters and conference talks.
Prof. Abu Zenadah is very well known by his role in establishing a number of advanced research units at KFMRC of medical genetics research including the Technology and Innovation Centre, which is expected to have excellent impact on human diseases research including infertility treatment research with a state-of-the-art animal house research facility. As a matter of KAU recognition of his excellent administrative performance, Dr Adel Abu Zenadah has been appointed in 2013 as the Dean of the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences.
- Ashraf Dallol, Huda Banni, Mamdooh A. Gari, Mohammed H. Al-Qahtani, Adel M. Abuzenadeh, Fatin Al-Sayes, Adeel, G. Chaudhary, Jeffrey Bidwell and Wael Kafienah (2012) Five novel glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency haplotypes correlating with disease severity. Journal of Translational Medicine. in-press.
- Adel M Abuzenadah, Shehab M Abd Elkader, Mohamed Saiem Aldahr. Impact of Mild Versus Moderate Intensity Aerobic Exercise Training on Leptin and Selected Innate Immune System Response in Obese Asthmatic Patients. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research. 2010, 5(1); 01-05.
- Adel M Abuzenadah. Association of Specific Structural and Numerical Chromosomal Abnormalities in lymphoma Cell Lines: Extent of Genetic Instability. Academic Journal of Cancer Research. 2009, 2(1); 51-60.
- Al-Qahtani MH, Baghlab I, Chaudhary AG, Abuzenadah AM, Bamanie A, Daghistani KJ, Safieh M, Fida L, Dallol A. Spectrum of GJB2 Mutations in a Cohort of Nonsyndromic Hearing Loss Cases from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Genet Testing of Molecular Biomarkers. 2009 (11) 23.
- Buhmeida A, Al-Maghrabi J, Merdad A, Chaudhary A, Gari M, Abuzenadah A, Collan Y, Syrjanen K and Al-Qahtani M. Nuclear morphometry in prognostication of breast cancer in Saudi patients with the European and African breast cancer. (Accepted in Anti Cancer Research). Dec 2009.
- Chaudhary AG, Al Qahtani MH, Abuzenadah AM, Gari MA, Al Aama JY, Al Sofyani AH, Lary SA and Elaimi AH. Mutation analysis in Saudi Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy patients using multiplex PCR. Archives of Medical Sciences. 2008; 4(1); 16-21.
- Gari MA, Chaudhary AG, Al Qahtani MH, Abuzenadah AM, Ahmad W, Banni H, Al-Sayes FM, Al-Harbi A, Lary S. Frequency of Mediterranean mutation among a group of Saudi G6PD patients in Western region-Jeddah. International Journal of Laboratory Hematology. 2008, 10; 1-5.
- Gari M, Abuzenadah A, Chaudhary A, Al Qahtani M, Banni H, Ahmad W, Al-Sayes F, Lary S, Damanhouri G. Detection of FLT3 Oncogene Mutations in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Using Conformation Sensitive Gel Electrophoresis. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2008, 9; 2194-2204.
- MSM Ardawi, HA Nasrat, AA Rouzi, MH Qari, MH Al-Qahtani, AM Abuzenadah. The effect of cigarette or sheesha smoking on first-trimester markers of Down syndrome. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2007; 1397-1401
- Mohammed-Salleh M. Ardawi, Hasan A. Nasrat, Abdulrahim A. Rouzi, Mohammed H. Qari, Mohammed H. Al-Qahtani and Adel M. Abuzenadah. Maternal serum free-beta-chorionic gonadotrophin, pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A and fetal nuchal translucency thickness at 10-13(+6) weeks in relation to co-variables in pregnant Saudi Women. PRENATAL DIAGNOSIS. 2007; 27: 303–311.
- Gari MA, Abuzenadah AM, Chaudhary AG, Al-Qahtani MH, Al-Says FM and Dmanhouri G. (2006) Pilot study of DNA extraction from archival unstained bone marrow slides: comparison of three rapid methods. African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 5 (6), pp. 532-535, 15 March.