Consultant of Tissue Culture Service Unit
Tissue Culture & Regenerative Medicine and Cancer Genomics
Professor Mamdouh Gari is currently the Vice Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Rabegh branch. He is also one of the founders of the Centre of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research and he is the supervisor of the continuing education and postgraduate studies in the center.
Dr Gari finished his high school education in 1987 in Switzerland after which he obtained his University undergraduate study from KAU in 1989 in Medical Technology. In 1996 Dr Gari successfully finished his Master's degree from Sheffield University and continued his postgraduate study in the same university then he obtained his PhD in 2000.
During his PhD study, Dr Gari gained massive and extensive experience in the field of molecular and medical application of medical pathology. Dr Gari supervised a considerable number of M.Sc. studies and managed to publish so far more than 45 peer-reviewed international publications in addition to presenting his outstanding work in too many international conferences. In 2013, Dr Gari's pioneer and excellent research work has been crowned by awarding him the Professorship.
- Dr. Mamdooh Gari (2010-2012).
Project Title: Isolation and characterization of highly proliferating adult stem cells for use in cell-therapies (King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Riyadh, KSA)
Dr. Mamdooh Gari (2010-2012).
Personalized Medicine: Application of Novel High-Throughput DNA Sequencing Technologies to Map the Disease Genomes in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Riyadh, KSA)
- Dr. Mamdooh Gari (2007-2009)
Project Title: Mutational Analysis of RET proto-oncogene receptors in Medulary Thyroid Carcinoma patients in Jeddah (King Abdulaziz University, Deanship for Scientific Research).
- Dr. Mamdooh Gari (2009-2011)
Isolation and characterization of highly proliferating adult stem cells for use in cell-therapies (King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Riyadh, KSA).
- Dr. Mamdooh Gari (2007)
The Frequency of Iron Deficiency Anemia in University Students (King Abdulaziz University, Deanship for Scientific Research).
- Dr. Mamdooh Gari (2001-2003)
Project Title: Identification of the breakpoints CBF-ß and MYH III genes in patients with acute myeloid leukemia in Saudi AML population (King Abdulaziz University, Deanship for Scientific Research, Genomic Medicine Unit, King Fahd Medical Research Center.
- Ashraf Dallol, Huda Banni, Mamdooh A. Gari, Mohammed H. Al-Qahtani, Adel M. Abuzenadeh, Fatin Al-Sayes, Adeel, G. Chaudhary, Jeffrey Bidwell and Wael Kafienah (2012) Five novel glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency haplotypes correlating with disease severity. Journal of Translational Medicine. in-press.
- Ashraf Dallol, Jaudah Al-Maghrabi, Abdelbaset Buhmeida, Mamdooh A. Gari, Adeel G. Chaudhary, Hans-Juergen Schulten, Adel M. Abuzenadah, Mahmoud S. Al-Ahwal, Abdulrahman Sibiany, and Mohammed H. Al-Qahtani (2012) Methylation of the Polycomb Group Target Genes (PCGT) is a Possible Biomarker for Favorable Prognosis in Colorectal Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention. in-press.
- Hans-Juergen Schulten, Sherine Salama, Zuhoor Al-Mansouri, Reem Alotibi, Khalid Al-Ghamdi, Osman Abdel Al-Hamour, Hassan Sayadi, Hosam Al-Aradati, Adel Al-Johari, Etimad Huwait, Mamdooh Gari, Mohammed Hussain Al-Qahtani1 and Jaudah Al-Maghrabi (2012) BRAF mutations in thyroid tumors from an ethnically diverse group. Hereditary Cancer in Clinical Practice. 10 (1): 1-7
- Mamdooh Gari, Fatin Al-Sayes, Farid Ahmed, Abdul Ali Peerzada, Adel Abuzenadah, Lubna S. Mira, Mohammed Al-Qahtani, Ashraf Dallol, Adeel Chaudhary, Mohammed Mahnashi, Ghazi Damanhouri (2012) JAK2 Mutations in Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasm; Towards the Application of Personalized Treatments for Saudi Patients, Open Journal of Blood Diseases. 2 (2): 17-21
- Shehab Mahmoud Abd El- Kader, Mamdooh A. Gari and Eman Mohamed Salah El-Den Ashmawy (2012) Exercise Training Modulates Insulin Resistance and Inflammatory Cytokines in Obese Non-insulin Dependent Diabetic Patients, Advances in Environmental Biology. 6 (2): 598-604.
- Al-Sayes1, F, Gari, M, Qusti, S, Bagatian, N and Abuzenadah, A (2011) Prevalence of iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia among females at university stage, Journal of Medical Laboratory and Diagnosis. 2 (1): 5-11