|Dr. Mahmood Rasool
Assistant of Pharmacogenomics & Drug Discovery Service Unit
Pharmacogenomics and Genomic Screening Groups
Dr. Rasool is associate professor in CEGMR in the field of medical biotechnology, Biochemistry, molecular and cancer genetics. He did his PhD and post doctorate in the field of medical biotechnology and human molecular genetics with an interest in exploring human disease biology and mechanism of disease pathogenesis (especially of inherited and cancer genetics). The general objectives of his research are to identify genes and genetic mechanisms behind human traits and characteristics. The objectives are also to understand how genetics is mediated to health and disease, i.e. functional genetics. He has published more than 105 articles in peer-reviewed journals of international repute and 6 book chapters. He is Research group leader since 2012.
1. The Role of Epigenetics in Personalized Medicine: Challenges and Opportunities
Rasool M, Malik A, Naseer MI, Manan A, Ansari SA, Begum I, Qazi MH, Pushparaj PN, Abuzenadah AM, Al-Qahtani MH, Kamal MA, Gan SH.
BMC Medical Genomics. 2015. doi: 10.1186/1755-8794-8-S1-S5.
2. Molecular characterization of Flt3 mutation in acute leukemia patients
Ishfaq M, Malik A, Faiz M, Sheikh I, Asif M, Khan MN, Qureshi MS, Zahid S, Manan A, Arooj M, Qazi MH, Chaudhary A, Alqahtani MH and Rasool M.
Asian Pacific Journal for Cancer Prevention. 2012; 13(9): 4581-4585.
3. Autosomal recessive pure hair and nail ectodermal dysplasia linked to chromosome 12p11.1-q14.3 without KRTHB5 gene mutation.
Rasool M, Nawaz S, Azhar A, Wajid M, Westermark P, Baig SM, Klar J, Dahl N
European journal of Dermatology. 2010; 20 (4):443-6.
4. A novel missense mutation in the EDA gene associated with X-linked recessive isolated hypodontia
Rasool M, Schuster J, Aslam M, Tariq M, Ahmad I, Ali A, Entesarian M, Dahl N, Baig SM
Journal of human genetics. 2008; 53: 894-898.
5. Abolished InsP3R2 function inhibits sweat secretion in both humans and mice. The Journal of Clinical Investigation
Klar J, Hisatsune C, Baig SM, Tariq M, Johansson ACV, Rasool M, Malik NA, Ameur A, Sugiura K, Feuk L, Mikoshiba K, Dahl N.
2014. 124 (11): 4773-4780. doi: 10.1172/JCI70720.