Prof. Zuhoor Al-Shareef
Member of the Board of Management of breast cancer chair
Member of the Board of Management Center Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi breast cancer
Surgery Department, Faculity of Medicine
King Abdulaziz Universty
I joined the Faculty of Medicine at KingAbdul AzizUniversity in Jeddahin 1982 graduated from the Faculty of Medicine in 1989. Duringthe period of studyat the Faculty of Medicine began strong tendencies to surgical specialty and tendencies towards trainingand medical education. After the completion ofthe year internship joined the Department of Surgery at King Abdul Aziz Universityfor training and preparation for the FRCSI degree (Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeon)
I had the FRCSI degree in 1992. After I got my Associate Degreein the specialty ofsurgery continued scientific and practical career was appointed faculty in the Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdul Aziz Universityas assistant professor so I did published numerous articles and researchin many local, regional and international scientific journals. I was appointed professorof surgery by the Scientific Councilof the University of King Abdul Azizin2013.
Scientific and research interests are breast disease and cancers of thebreaston themain level of scientific and clinical where began early appreciation of the importance of integrationeffortsinvariousscientific disciplinesin order toenrich thescientific research in all medical specialties, particularly in the field ofcancer research. Got amember of several scientific societies locally, regionally and globally was also invited to submit research published locally, regionally and globally. Appointedas a member of the Board of Management of breast cancer chair and thena member of the Board of Management Center Mohammed Husse in Al Amoudi breast cancer for four yearsin 2010 and until the end of 2013. I worked at the European Institute of Oncology Milan, Italy for a year (in the period between Decmber 2009-December 2010, got acomplete trainingon the Oncoplastic Surgical Techniques for the breast reconstruction
- Prognostic Role of Circulating Tumor Cell in Cancer Breast (p.I)
- Impact of Lipocalin2 Gen Polymorphism in suadi breast cancer patients (CO.I)
- BRACA1 and BRACA2 mutation in Saudi breast cancer patients(CO.I)
- Laparoscopic Versus Open Surgery for Clinically Diagnosed Appendicitis, Experience of A single Academic Institute In Western Region, Saudi Arabia Zuhoor Al-Gaithy. Egyptian Journal of surgery Vol.28,No,4,October,2009
- Effects of Cupping Therapy (Hijama) on Mastalgia. Zuhoor Al-Gaithy, Mohammed A. Al-Harbi, Asma A. Adabagh, Ahmed Badawy, Mansour AL-Hazmi and Ahmed M. Mohamed. ( Accepted) Saudi Biological Society, March 2008.
- Scar Endometriosis- A Gynecologic Pathology often Presents to the General Surgeon Rather than the Gynecologist. Zuhoor Al-Gaithy. Saudi Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.Volume 8.No.1, 1429H – 2008 G.
- Botulinum toxin versus surgical sphincterotomy in females with chronic anal fissure. Zuhoor Al-Gaithy. Saudi Med. J. 2008.Vol. 29 (9).
- Heicobacterpylorni in the etiology of gallstones. Zuhoor Al-Gaithy. Egypt. J. Med. Sci. 28 (2) December 2007: 531-536.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy “Outpatient Procesdure”. Fatma K. Al Thubaity, Adnan A. Merdad, Zuhoor Al-Gaithy. KAU: Med. Sci. Vol 10, pp 33-38 (1422 A.H. / 2002 A.D.).
- Cervical Lymph Node Biopsies in King Abdulaziz University Hospital. Zuhoor Al-Gaithy, Adnan A. Merdad and Abdulrahman A. Meccawy. KAU: Med. Sci. Vol 7. No. 2, pp 29-35 (1419 A.H. / 1999 A.D.).
- Breast Cancer: A Lot to be done!!.Adnan A. Merdad, Zuhoor Al-Gaithy, Fatma Al-Thubaity and Talal M. Bakhsh. KAU: Med. Sci. Vol 7. No. 2, pp 37-43 (1419 A.H. / 1999 A.D.).
- Proximal Clamping of Umbilical Cord and Prevention of Umbilical Granuloma (Preliminary Results). F. AL-Siny, F AL Zahrani and Zuhoor Al-Gaithy. AJPS vol. 1 pp 21-23, 1997.
- Effect of combining wet cupping therapy with lipid lowering medications on serum lipid level in hyperlipidemic patients. Abeer M. H. Kawthar, Zuhoor A K. Al-Ghaithy, and Mansour A. Al-Hazmi. Saudi J of BiolSci, December 2010; 17(5): 43-49.
- Local and systemic TNF- level correlation to histopathology in post-mastectomy seroma in rabbits. Z. K. Al-Gaithy, S. S. Ali, M. N. Ayuob and N. Al-Sawy. Surgery J, 2010; 5(2): 17-21.
- Nipple sparing mastectomy: Can we predict the factors predisposing to necrosis? Z. K. Al-Gaithy, J.Y.Petit, V. Lohsiriwat, P. Maisonneuve, P.C. Rey, N. Baros, H. Lai, P. Mulas, D.M. Barbalho, P. Veronesi, M. Rietjens. Eur J SurgOncol, 38 (2012) 125-129
- Vascular and cellular events in post-mastectomy seroma:Animmunohistochemical study Z. K. Al-Gaithy, N. Ayuob Cell. Immunol. 272 (2012) 130–136
- Effect of intra-operative topical tetracycline versus 5-fluorouracil in prevention of post-mastectomy seroma in rabbit model Z. K. Al-Gaithy Life Science Journal, 2012;9(2)
- Clinical value of total white blood cells and neutrophil counts in patients with suspected appendicitis: retrospective study Z. K. Al-Gaithy World Journal of Emergency Surgery 2012, 7:32http://www.wjes.org/content/7/1/32
- The Role of Fine-Wire Localization Breast Biopsy in the Management of BI-RADS Category 4-5 for Non-Palpable Breast Lesions: An Experience at King Abdulaziz University Hospital, Saudi Arabia JKAU: Med. Sci., Vol. 19 No. 2, pp: 75-87 (2012 A.D. / 1433 A.H.) DOI: 10.4197/Med. 19-2.6
- Proinflammatory cytokines dynamics at operation site and serum after breast surgery Z. K. Al-GaithyArchives of Clinical and Experimental Surgery(ACES).Accepted for publication September 21, 2012